About CPCS Lynnwood
About CPCS Lynnwood
Choosing a school for your child is one of the most impactful decisions that you will make during your lifetime. The schooling your child receives will form the foundation for becoming a lifelong learner and additionally, become the lens in which they view the world.
This is an age of educational choice. You, as a parent, have many options: neighborhood public schools, home schooling, online schooling or private Christian schooling, one of which is here at Cedar Park Christian School-Lynnwood Campus.
We would like to take this opportunity to give you an explanation of what you and your child may expect from the Lynnwood Campus of Cedar Park Christian Schools. Christian Schools are ministries that exist to partner with parents in providing their children with an education that has the truth of Scripture as the basis for all learning. At Cedar Park, education is designed to intentionally address both the academic and spiritual needs of a child. Our goal and mission is to nurture and train each child so that they will grow in godliness of character and action.
What to expect at Cedar Park Christian School-Lynnwood:
- A Biblically based, distinctly Christian curriculum taught in a structured, sequential fashion in all content areas.
- Students that are academically one to two full years above their peers at the national level.
- A culture that is inviting and supportive of our students and families.
- Washington State certified teachers who are highly qualified and have a God-given call to teaching
- An opportunity to experience Music, Library, Physical Education, and Tech Lab each week at an elementary level
- Discipline that, together with parents, reinforces forgiveness and grace
- Music, ASB, Honor Society, Tech lab at a Secondary Level
If this sounds like a good fit for your child, might we suggest:
- Browse through our website. Teacher's pages are updated weekly.
- Call the school office and set up a tour of the classrooms and a time to meet and get to know our faculty and staff. We are always available to meet and answer any questions you may have about our school.
We looking forward to partnering with you and your child both spiritually and academically!
Cedar Park Christian Schools uses Christian curriculum combined with Christian teachers to provide students with a proper biblical worldview in all disciplines. Bible is considered a core class and students are required to take Bible during the course of the school year. However, each class offered has student learning objectives that provide the basis for biblical integration. The Bible is taught and supported in the Science classroom as well as the English classroom. Our high school students experience an ongoing interaction with biblical themes throughout their day as they travel from one class to the next.
Cedar Park Christian Schools utilizes a fully web-based information system that allows parents and students up to the moment grades and grading information. Each student receives a mid-semester grade for evaluation purposes; final examinations are given at the end of each semester and letter grades are distributed. Letter grades are based on a 4.0 scale with a 60% (1.0) as the minimum percentage to earn credit. Students are also able to take classes for concurrent college credit in select classes during their junior and senior years.
Cedar Park Christian Schools are fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS), and the National Association Accreditation Schools (NAAS) and is approved by the State of Washington. CPCS meets all minimum state and four-year college/university subject requirements. CPCS offers students four distinct diploma types: General Diploma; College Prep Diploma; College Prep Honors Diploma; and the Honors College Prep STEM diploma.
Cedar Park’s Lynnwood Campus was originally founded in 1981 as Snohomish County Christian School. The current Lynnwood campus was purchased from the Edmonds School District in 1987 and housed preschool through twelve grades. In 2003, Snohomish County Christian School joined with 3 other nearby schools to form North Sound Christian School. In January of 2008, North Sound was purchased by Cedar Park. We are now known as Cedar Park Christian School-Lynnwood Campus. We serve children and their families as young as 3 years old and potty trained in our preschool program, through 12th grade.